September 21, 2013

It’s a Skull-a-bration of Accessories! Adorn Yourself with Some Bewitchingly-Beautiful Jewelry Pieces Just in Time for the Halloween Season!


Salve Omni!

And a happy Saturday to All!

It has once again been a busy week!  I should be sleeping, but I am just now getting a chance to sit down and relax, and I figured that I would take the time to write at least one new post for the week.  It has been a week of various projects, and a few sleepless nights, but it has been fun!  I have especially enjoyed working on one project in particular – my jewelry business, Designs by EHL.  I finally had the chance to focus a bit more on my Earth, Mother, Goddess Collection, but I also decided to revisit one of my older collections; and for a good reason!

I took a look at the calendar yesterday, and realized that (a) the weekend is nigh, and (b) it is almost October!  Seriously, where has the time gone?  Where has September gone?  I swear, it was just September 1st about a week ago!  Oh well, ’tis not a bad thing…COME ON OCTOBER!!!  And come on cooler weather (I live in Texas)!

Fall is my favorite season of the year, and October is one of my favorite months.  This October, so much will be going on:  Season 7 of The Big Bang Theory will return to TV on September 26th (well, it’s almost October), the Dallas Comic-Con:  Fan Days will take place October 4-6, Season 4 of The Walking Dead will return to TV on October 13th, my husband’s birthday is later on in the month (I’m thinking a Farscape-themed birthday celebration), and then, there is Halloween!  So excited!!!  I am especially excited for Halloween (October 31st) for two reasons:  (1) it’s Halloween!, (2) it is also my wedding anniversary (4 years this year!)  As you can see, it should be a month jam-packed with fun and exciting events and things to see and do.

Since Halloween is just around the corner, I want to re-introduce one of my jewelry collections that I feel is simply perfect for the Season.  It is a small collection of skull-themed jewelry pieces, called Dia de Los Adorables.  Skulls????  What???  Yes indeed!  I like to describe this collection as a mix of the Day of the Dead, Goth, Victorian/Steampunk, the macabre, gorgeousness and elegance.

Now I know what some of you might be thinking, “Skulls?  How can that be elegant, or anything else but dark and creepy?  Well, to answer your hypothetical question, I will have to show you.  Trust me, the pieces speak for themselves.  Skulls can truly be a thing of beauty and shouldn’t be considered scary – I mean, everybody has one.  Yes skulls also serve as small reminders of our mortality, but not just in terms of death and graveyards.  And yeah, they can be a bit on the macabre and creepy side, which I feel, strangely lends a sense of elegance and timelessness to this collection.  But hey, see for yourself…I have included a few photos below.  Take a look, and let me know what you think!
 





I just added these new/old pieces to my online Etsy.com store a few hours ago, so you are the first to get a sneak peek right here on my blog!  If you like what you see and would like more detailed images and information on each piece, and to view the full Dia de Los Adorables Collection, be sure to click on the link to visit my Etsy.com store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsbyEHL. 

Now let’s get ready for Halloween - the pieces from this collection make great and unique gifts!  But don’t stop there – they can also be worn year-‘round if you are anything like me and love to wear unique statement pieces.

I will return next week with brand new ramblings and brand new posts, so stay tuned!  Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment