August 31, 2013

And Here Are A Few Of My Favorite Britcoms To Brighten Up Your Weekend!


Salve Omni!

And a very happy Labor Day weekend to you, Dear Reader!

I hope your long weekend will be filled with good food, great friends, a plethora of alcoholic beverages, and lots of leisure and relaxation – with emphasis on the relaxation bit (although alcoholic beverages are great for relaxation too)!  This weekend, I plan to do a great amount of relaxing myself, and I am looking forward to watching some great TV programs with my husband.  For those of you with a little rest and relaxation in mind, I’ve got a few TV viewing suggestions from across the pond, which will surely brighten up your weekend!

I will gladly admit…I do watch an astonishingly-large amount of British comedy in a week’s time.  I do love my British programming – murder mysteries, historical dramas, documentaries, etc., but there is just something so enjoyable about watching Britcoms.  They just put me in such a great mood!  And there are so many different types of comedies to watch and enjoy!

Now I can’t guarantee that all of the Britcoms I will list will be available for purchase or download in the U.S. (some are rather old), but I’m sure that you can find full episodes or clips on YouTube.  So, without further ado, put on your favorite loungewear, brew up a lovely pot of tea, grab some yummy tea biscuits/cookies/cakes/scones and clotted cream, and enjoy! 

Here are a few of my favorites:

v  The Black Adder (Series 1-4)

v  Are You Being Served?

v  Fawlty Towers

v  Keeping Up Appearances

v  Absolutely Fabulous

v  Goodnight Sweetheart

v  Waiting for God

v  Chef!

v  As Time Goes By

v  Miranda

v  Red Dwarf

v  To the Manor Born

v  Coupling

v  Outnumbered

v  The Thin Blue Line

v  One Foot in the Grave

v  Only Fools and Horses

v  Mr. Bean

v  The Young Ones

v  Up Pompeii!

v  ‘Allo ‘Allo

v  Good Neighbors

v  Not Going Out

Now, if your spirits have been lifted after watching any of the shows suggested, you are most welcome!  If you did not find anything funny about any of these shows, then I’m afraid you must be a robot, and I don’t understand how you can’t find anything enjoyable about having a good laugh.

What are some of your favorite Britcoms?  Send me your suggestions…I would love to hear from you! 

Happy weekend!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment